Monday, February 19, 2024

The New Normal

Hello folks.  It's Monday.  I would be dangerous if I could get my head out of my ass.  I've had plenty of coffee.  I ate.  I've drank water.  I don't know what my problem is.  I'm just going to blame it on Monday and the wind.  It's very windy today.  I do not do well in or with the wind.  I hear everything and it's just so unsettling. I'm glad the sun is out and that it's a nice day, but I would be a lot happier if the wind would just die down.  Please.

Talked to our child today and they sent a pic in the Fam text of their over easy eggs and toast they made for breakfast.  Pretty proud of the kiddo these days.  They are working, living with their partner and some friends and just kicking ass in this game of life! There was an emergency phone call from them Saturday while they were at Ulta about eye cream.  I loved it.  If there's one thing I've taught my child it's take care of your damn skin!!! I sent them some Estee Lauder eye gel that irritated my under eyes and it doesn't bother their skin so hell yeah! They've been complaining of under eye bags since starting their job which requires them to wake up at 5am every day.  The horror...LOL.  I shouldn't be an ass....I think waking up at 5am is inhumane unless I'm getting on a plane somewhere I want to go (like NOLA) or in line for concert tickets for Radiohead or The Smile or Twenty One Pilots.  That's different.

So it's a little different without the kiddo here at the house anymore.  For one thing, Lord B and I have GOT to learn how to cook for two people.  My gods! I still cook like we have a houseful of people and we are not the best about eating leftovers.  Tonight we are having hot roast beef sandwiches using the leftover roast from last night.  I don't know why we have an aversion to leftovers but we are kind of weird about them.  Now if it's fried chicken I will eat that cold the next day for breakfast.  And lunch!  Same with fried catfish.  And we will eatr leftover pizza.  And meatloaf.  So I guess there are some things that we will eat the next day.  Maybe part of the reason is I like to cook and I feel like I'm missing out or not doing my "job" if I'm not cooking.  I may need to bring that up with my therapist LOL.

If you've watched any of the recent Shitshows you've heard me talk about Intro to Contemporary Logic.  Well I dropped that class.  And intro class my ass.  It had an upper level course number.  It was not an intro class like Philosophy 1301 that I signed up for next Fall.  I don't have to have a logic class for my minor, which is Philosophy, nor do I have to have it for my major, so I dropped it and took a W since it was after the drop date.  After I did it there was a Q out to the side of the course name and I told Gary it was Q for QUITTER!!!! Fuck it I don't care.  There class was just too much.  I watched my professor's videos, read the material, looked at the examples, watched videos on youtube and still had a hard time turning sequents into well formed formulae.  But enough about that.  I don't have to worry about it anymore.  I'm taking a light load this semester and I think I needed it.  I was having panic attacks ALL THE TIME and my therapist and psychiatrist both kept telling me maybe I should back off school and take less classes.  I kept telling them NO!!!  I must carry twelve hours - summer included!  Well the universe finally had enough of me not listening and I'm taking six hours now and I'm much happier for it.  I LOVE both of the professors I have for Critical Thinking and Psychology and the Law.  I'm glad I took a few steps back.  I've planned my summer and fall schedules and I'll be back on track.  I think.  I hope.  Fingers crossed!

If you're at Texas Open this weekend, come find me and say hi! I'll be there probably cooking chili but definitely cheering on all of our fabulous customers! And if you're at the Houston Rodea BBQ Cook Off, look for the Navarro Co BBQ team.  Lord B will be there smoking meat.  They always have a great time and it looks like decent weather in both San Antonio and Houston this weekend.

I don't know how often I'll be blogging but my goal is to keep in touch once a week.  This is linked to my website so it's not going to be as free flowing as it was in the past if you get my meaning LOL!! I will be adding recipes here (there's a new one on the recipe page now) and trying to communicate about cook offs and Mild Bill's Spices info.  I hope everyone has a great week.

Keep it Spicy!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, The World Didn't End.......

The eclipse has come and gone. We survived. The aliens did not come and beam us up. Not even this dude...... Lord B made himself a foil hat ...